Accountability and Perseverance

Accountability:

To be responsible for someone or something.

I am holding myself accountable for my

present weight; not anyone else.



Perseverance:

To finish what you have started. Continued

steady belief or efforts, withstanding

discouragement or difficulty; persistence.

I will persevere if I acknowledge that this is my

own fight and I have something precious that is

worth fighting for.







Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day 255; 224.8 Pounds

So... Today was better than it has been in a while. I don't know if anything was said or if my concerns were heard by the correct ears; or if it was some change in the weather but there were some bright rays of sunshine coming through the darkness and fog today. Little romantic comments were taken to heart and seemed to warm a place that has been cold for a while. The fire isn't raging yet but I can see the old spark at the end of the tunnel. There are still a lot of things that I need to change and those things have been a bur in my side for a long time. Prioritizing, health, sarcasm. I realize that you shouldn't expect someone to change once you make a commitment... but... life changes and so do your priorities. Just because something was one way before doesn't mean it can stay the same forever. And quite frankly being continuously reminded how is has been for years is quite unnerving. Having children means sacrificing things that "{you} always did before" and rearranging priorities. It doesn't mean giving up everything, on the contrary because with a family you have even more things to get involved with. Kids are only young once and I for one don't want to miss it. I want to spend all the time I possibly can even if it means changing. It was such a wonderful day at the zoo with my son and husband. I enjoyed being in touch and on the same page about things for once. I wish it would last.
















Breakfast: 206 calories
Lunch (china buffet): 711 calories
Dinner: 719 calories
Snacks: 300 calories
Total for the day? 1,936 calories. Not bad. I should work out tonight but as this was my weekend on call I am going for the long hot well deserved shower instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment