Accountability and Perseverance

Accountability:

To be responsible for someone or something.

I am holding myself accountable for my

present weight; not anyone else.



Perseverance:

To finish what you have started. Continued

steady belief or efforts, withstanding

discouragement or difficulty; persistence.

I will persevere if I acknowledge that this is my

own fight and I have something precious that is

worth fighting for.







Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 13; 260 pounds and eyes wide open.

It is time for me to get real about this weight loss and start counting a few calories. I am convinced that my camera and photo blog has made me cut down on calories and snacking but not enough. Here is my day with all the calories attached. First a calculation that will show just how many calories I Should be eating a day. I used an activity level that was somewhere in between light and moderate.
  • Multiply your weight in pounds by 10 (for women) or 11 (for men) to derive your basic caloric needs. Mark this number with the letter A.
  • Multiply your basic caloric needs (letter A) by the percent that corresponds with your activity level: sedentary 20%, light activity 30%, moderate activity 40%, or very active 50%. Mark this number with the letter B.
  • Add A and B together, and multiply this number by 10% (to account for energy used for digestion and absorption of nutrients). Mark this number with the letter C.
  • Add A, B, and C together. This is your estimated caloric need.
260 pounds x 10 = 2600 calories (A)
2600 calories (A) x 35% = 910 Calories (B)
(A + B) 3510 x 10% = 351 Calories (C)
(A + B + C) = 3861 Calories needed per day.
(I tried another way using height, weight, age, gender, and activity level and it came out to 2760 calories a day and yet another I got 3257 calories a day)..... So... I really need between 2760 calories and 3861 calories to maintain my weight, and 2200 to loose ~ 2 pounds per week. Anything under that and I should be loosing. My calculated BMI online is 39.5 which is amazing because that is what my Wii Fit tells me every night. So here goes for what I have eaten today.... (All calorie counts are from Calorie King)
Breakfast:

Muscle Milk (100) , Apple ( 116) , Toaster pasteries ( 170 each) =  556

Snack: 1 0z Bag (140)

Lunch: BAD... I didn't eat all the fries. My son helped quite a bit. 
Two Cheese Burgers (300 each) = 600

2 Chicken Nuggets (46 each) = 92

3/4 of a small fry (231 x 75%) = 173.25

Orange (86 calories) + 6 pretzel penny sticks (100 calories) = 186











Total for Breakfast and Lunch: 1747.25 Calories.... Let's see what Dinner has in store!!!
Ok, so I had invited my parents for dinner but they had something come up and so we ate twice what we should have because it was already made...
X 2.... Appearently corn bread has a LOAD of calories. So this meal rough estimate was 1212 calories...
For a grand daily total of .... drum roll please.... 2959.25.... I guess today I gained weight. Ok. So starting tomorrow I take calories into account more. What an eye opener....

No comments:

Post a Comment