Accountability and Perseverance

Accountability:

To be responsible for someone or something.

I am holding myself accountable for my

present weight; not anyone else.



Perseverance:

To finish what you have started. Continued

steady belief or efforts, withstanding

discouragement or difficulty; persistence.

I will persevere if I acknowledge that this is my

own fight and I have something precious that is

worth fighting for.







Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 90; 230 Pounds

I made it! Thirty pounds in 90 days!!! I am still going and I know that this may bounce back up tomorrow but still it was nice to see the scale read that. I still have 3 days before the fair starts too!! During Fair I am busy busy busy so if I don't post, don't worry, I will lump days together or do two posts at once. Between work, home, and the fair I have little time to rest.
300 Calories

Spicy Chicken Filet (no tomato) 480 Calories

Grilled Chicken 400 calories
and homemade mushroom faux rissotto
about 290 Calories

Homemade strawberry "shortcake" with
angel food cake ~300 Calories












Total for the day? 1770 Calories. I really thought I ate less than that. Oh well. The mushroom faux rissotto is something I would make again. I sauteed mushrooms,shallots, and a small sweet onion in olive oil and some margarine.... added the mushrooms until they were soft and brown. Added about 1-1.5 cups of white wine and 2-2.5 cups of chicken broth. Let it reduce till there was about 1 cup liquid left (I also added dill, salt, and pepper to taste during this time) and added 1 cup of brown rice, simmered for 5 minutes and then let it sit covered for 5 minutes. It was really really good. I am thinking about using an acutal arborio rice next time to get it creamier.

No comments:

Post a Comment