Accountability and Perseverance

Accountability:

To be responsible for someone or something.

I am holding myself accountable for my

present weight; not anyone else.



Perseverance:

To finish what you have started. Continued

steady belief or efforts, withstanding

discouragement or difficulty; persistence.

I will persevere if I acknowledge that this is my

own fight and I have something precious that is

worth fighting for.







Friday, May 20, 2011

Single Step

Every journey starts with a single step. I am new to blogging so this is a slightly larger step than normal considering I have never done a food journal  let alone a photo food journal on a blog.... Lots of steps. I am obese. I have a young son who is very active and while I am still very active and by no means sit on the couch all day I would like to loose a lot of weight and be in better shape to chase him. So I have tried a lot of things and diets/pills/more excercise did not work for me. I LOVE food, I am ADDICTED to food. I work at a hectic job (I am a vet) at least 40 hours a week if not more, I am on a large amount of community committees, and I have a household to run with my husband. Suffice it to say I just don't have a lot of time and I LOVE food. So I figured snapping a quick picture of a meal before I eat it is quick and easy. I can download the pictures when I have time. I can hold myself responsible for all my meals and hopefully I can persevere!
So here goes nothing:
PS I don't drink anything but unsweetened iced tea and water so unless I have juice or a shake I won't post my drinks as that would be a lot of ice water pictures!!!

Day 1 (5/20/2011); Current Weight Approximately 260 pounds; Pant Size Men's 42

Breakfast:
Usually Breakfast is not this bad.... I had a rough night that involved a sick child and forgot my breakfast when I ran out the door late.



Lunch: Ate with my family!


Snack:  Probably won't eat the whole 8 ounce bag.... Actually only ate a handfull when I was tempted with a candybar.










Dinner: 
 

Ok... So I ate a lot today. Maybe my eyes are bigger than my stomach should be... I need to cut back but this is progress. This is EVERYTHING I ate today. Keep on moving forward!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa - first let me say - I think it is wonderful that you are doing this - what a great way to hold yourself accountable!

    You should go to Costco and get pre-made canned protein drinks by Muscle milk. put them in the fridge and on the days where you are running behind - instead of grabbing what you have above - grab a shake - you will get the protein and carbs you need - and not the salt and processed foods that will hurt you!

    Also - instead of this snack mix - make your own and put it in sandwich bags - so you again - limit your salt and intake of processed foods - you can (also get at costco) get dried fruit (I like the antioxident berry mix) unsalted almonds, organic ancient mix of granola, flaxseed and some agave necter. mix it all together and bake in the oven. Eat that for your snacks...about 2/3 cup in a sandwich baggie is perfect :)

    again - this is great what you are doing - lots of courage went into this :) Keep it up!

    -Mandie Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou. I am always at Costco or Sam's so I will have to try that. I do make my own trail mix a lot as I love to add fiberone cereal, flax seed, pumpkin seeds, etc. I will have to make a new batch. I also love dried fruit and sometimes make my own so that would be an added bonus. Thanks so much for the support. Hopefully I can keep this going!

    ReplyDelete