Accountability and Perseverance

Accountability:

To be responsible for someone or something.

I am holding myself accountable for my

present weight; not anyone else.



Perseverance:

To finish what you have started. Continued

steady belief or efforts, withstanding

discouragement or difficulty; persistence.

I will persevere if I acknowledge that this is my

own fight and I have something precious that is

worth fighting for.







Sunday, December 22, 2013

Back in the Saddle Again!

So here I am. I ballooned up to 266 pounds with the stress and the fact that I stopped counting calories. I just couldn't keep that up with my busy schedule. I have been doing a good amount of research lately and the only thing that really makes sense to me is to go Gluten Free. After reading Wheat Belly I have decided that my "physique" May really be attributed to my unnatural craving for all things carbohydrate. I am a bread and pasta aholic. So, since Thanksgiving I have been relatively gluten free, with a few mishaps. The only thing is that I have been doing it wrong. With my undeniable love for bread and pasta I swapped out my favorite foods for gluten free options. While this is ok every once in a while the starches used in these products can increase blood glucose to points just as high as wheat. So I am now cutting down on carbs, eliminating wheat almost totally.... And I hope to be happier for it. Here goes nothing. No more wheat belly here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment